CAD Design Engineer (Solid Works) in East Grinstead, West Sussex
up to £30,000 per annum
Are you a creative CAD Design Engineer looking for a position where you can own responsibility for the whole design and manufacturing process?
As a CAD Design Engineer you will be creative and passionate about design. Skills in photoshop and photography are also desirable but not essential. This would really suit a CAD Design Engineer or CAD Designer looking for their next step.
What will you be doing as a CAD Design Engineer?
- Using Solid Works 2D & 3D Modelling
- Design modifications
- Concept design – R & D and pre-production
- Scenario renders – how systems/products integrate in realistic environments
- Drawings for marketing and product information
- Putting together drawings for enquiries
- Installation and systems drawings
- Prototype build and test
- Customer, Supplier and manufacturing liaison as and when required
- Drawings for prototyping on 3D printer
Who are we looking for? A CAD Design Engineer with:
- Solid 3D design experience in SolidWorks
- 2D design experience
- An understanding of materials and their properties
- The ability to render images ready for marketing material and datasheets
- Data savvy with the ability to read other drawings and interpret them accurately
- Ability to spot errors and make good
- Strong problem-solving
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Commercial awareness – In relation to cost to budget for production
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work with a team
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Passionate about design with a creative approach for generating new ideas
- Microsoft – Excel and Word
- You must have your own transport due to location
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days holiday
- Company share scheme
- On-site parking
- Contributory pension
- Team events – Summer and Christmas party
How do you get in touch?
If this role sounds like your kind of job then please apply here or get in touch with us direct either through our website, email or by calling the team. We do try and respond to all of you personally but sometimes the volume of interest makes this tricky. If this is the job for you make sure you contact us. Go Gecko Ltd are acting as a Recruitment Agency in respect of this vacancy.APPLY NOW
To apply for this job please visit www.gogecko.org.uk.