1268 - Logistics Assistant
Do you have experience in administration and/or logistics and are looking for your next challenge? Are you a good communicator with excellent attention to detail who can work well as part of a team? Join a well-established trading company specialising in sourcing and supplying essential oils to the perfume, cosmetics and food industries. You will join a supportive team to help clients receive their orders smoothly and on time.
What will you be doing as a Logistics Assistant?
As a Logistics Assistant, you will be…
- Arranging deliveries to customers by issuing the necessary documents
- Liaising with customers, warehouse, and haulage/shipping companies.
- Instructing materials to be cleared from BOND.
- Issuing Shipping instructions to suppliers, shipping agents.
- Dealing with imports/exports from/to the continent and the rest of the world.
- Checking incoming goods ETAs with suppliers and haulage/shipping companies and updating customers.
- Obtaining freight rates.
- Booking incoming shipments into the system when received into the warehouse.
- Liaising with suppliers and shippers with any issues regarding quality or packaging conditions.
- Checking email inbox to answer any emails in a timely fashion and deal with any orders/ enquiries.
- Liaising closely with the Sales department.
- Dealing with any problems or issues that may arise on the day.
What are we looking for in a Logistics Assistant?
- IT-literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good attention to detail.
- An effective problem-solver.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- A team-player with good communication skills.
- Some experience in Logistics is advantageous.
- Must be local or have a driving license and own transport due to office location.
What’s in it for you?
- Hours of work 8-4.30 pm with an early finish on Fridays
- Pension contribution
- Profit share
- 50% contribution towards private medical and dental insurance
How do you get in touch?
If this role sounds like your kind of job, then please apply here or get in touch with us direct either through our website, email or by calling the team. We do try and respond to all of you personally but sometimes the volume of interest makes this tricky. If this is the job for you make sure you contact us.
GoGecko Ltd are acting as a Recruitment Agency in respect of this vacancy.APPLY NOW!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.