1183 - M & E Design Engineer
M & E Design Engineer
£32,000 to £36,000 per annum
Are you an experienced M & E Design Engineer looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience leading M&E building services projects, both residential and commercial? Are you self-motivated, able to manage your own deadlines and understand the practicalities of building design? This is a growing SME with a passion for sustainable and environmentally sound design. You will play a key role in shaping the M & E services and be able to take ownership from the start.
What will you be doing as a M & E Design Engineer for us?
- Taking ownership of the M & E Design on projects
- Meeting with clients to scope out their needs and advising them through the project guiding them to the best solutions understanding their goals.
- Collaborating with the wider design team, client representatives and contractors.
- Setting up systems and processes for MEP design software (we will buy in which ever software you would prefer)
- Designing practical M & E solutions with Revit
- Liaising with contractors and maintaining good relationships during projects and outside of projects for future opportunities
- Writing Mechanical and Electrical specifications
- Pricing projects and developing fee proposals
What are we looking for?
- Experience leading M&E building services projects, both residential and commercial.
- Ability to provide workable solutions.
- Experienced in designing using Revit.
- Experience of MEP software (IES or Hevacomp)
- Experience of working alongside contractors through construction stage and working for D&B contractors would be desirable.
- Knowledge of WRAS regulations and British Standards for Mechanical Engineering
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage deadlines.
- Understanding of the practicalities of building design
- Competent at construction level detail
- Gravitas to communicate at all levels.
- Curiosity to understand the client’s goals, and to find creative solutions addressing new or technically difficult problems.
- Chartered Engineer CEng MCIBSE or working towards that professional qualification.
- some understanding of Autodesk Insight or equal energy benchmarking software.
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days holiday rising with service
- Flexible 37.5-hour week. Latest start time 10 am Monday to Friday
- Work from home, or in office with a sea view in Brighton and Hove, 10min walk to train station, on National Cycle Route 2, and with free parking.
- New position to put your own stamp on
- Working for a business that is motivated to have a positive impact on the environment through sustainable design and see your work to site.
How do you get in touch?
If this role sounds like your kind of job, then please apply here or get in touch with us direct either through our website, email or by calling the team. We do try and respond to all of you personally but sometimes the volume of interest makes this tricky. If this is the job for you make sure you contact us.
GoGecko Ltd are acting as a Recruitment Agency in respect of this vacancy.APPLY NOW!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.